PTANA, Maryland Chapter President
Welcome to the Maryland Chapter of Professional Travel Agents of North America (PTANA) website. Thank you to the Maryland chapter members for providing me an opportunity to continue the great legacy of our past presidents. We appreciate all visitors to our site and hope you will spend a few moments to learn about our great organization. We are the charter chapter of PTANA and we were created by travel agents, for travel agents. With the help of a dynamic board of directors, our goal is to ensure each member has the necessary networking and educational opportunities to help them be successful. Each month, we host a monthly membership meeting with our travel suppliers who provide updated industry training on the products they represent. We also partner with our travel suppliers to visit their properties and have personal experiences to share with our clients. Our organization partners with the community to support various charities and provide an outreach across the world that we sell.
We welcome visitors to participate in our meetings and other events to learn why you should become a member.
Meeting Sponsorship Opportunity
Interested in sponsoring a meeting for this chapter?
Meeting sponsors are spotlighted on our “Meetings” page for the entire month of sponsorship.
To sponsor a meeting for this chapter, please contact our Program Chairperson or Chapter President
Due to the Coronavirus, our in person monthly chapter meetings have been cancelled. The meetings are now virtual and will resume on the 3rd Thursday at the BWI Westin when it safe to do so.
6:00PM Registration, Networking & Mini Trade Show
- To join an existing chapter, download the Membership Application form and Code of Conduct form using the Link below.
- Mail the completed application packet with all required documentation as stated on the application to the Membership Chairperson of the chapter you are joining. Mailing address of the Membership Chairperson is found in the “Directory of Membership Chairpersons” link below.
- NOTE: When printing the forms, you may experience a less than full page result. After clicking the link to display the form, save the form. Print the form from your saved file.
- At least one specialist program is required for membership. This includes domestic, international, chain hotels, cruise lines, and Travel Institute Specialist Programs. If you do not have a Specialist Certificate, you may go to http://www.travelagentuniversity.com and take one of the many on-line Specialist courses offered.
- Renew membership by the beginning of each calendar year.